Explanation on the cookies used on cavacave.com
On this page we would like to explain you exactly what cookies are and why we place them.
- Cookies are safe and only store anonymous data of you (so no personal details!).
- We use the so-called ‘functional cookies’:
- to remember your preferences when you browse the site.
- to make sure that you don’t have to log in again on every new page on our website;
- We use ‘non-functional cookies’ to:
- measure the visitor amounts on our website;
- improve our website by following (anonymously) your behavior on our pages;
- make sure the social media buttons on our website work
- adapt advertisements on our website to your preferences.
- If you don’t want us to place cookies, you can deactivate them yourself in your browser (read more about deactivating cookies below).
Note: it might happen that our website does not function properly without cookies activated.
What are cookies?
Websites use smart and useful techniques to enhance user-friendliness and to make the site as interesting as possible for each visitor. One of the best known techniques involves cookies. Cookies can be used by website owners or third parties - like advertisers - who communicate through the website you visit.
Are cookies safe?
Using cookies is safe. It is impossible to retrace personal information such as phone numbers or e-mail addresses by using cookies. They are, thus, unsuitable for direct marketing techniques like telemarketing and spam.
We feel it is essential for you to be informed about the cookies that our website uses and for what purpose they are used. The purpose is threefold: we want to guarantee your privacy, the user‑friendliness, and the financing of our website as best as we can. The following explanation tells you more about the cookies used on and through our website and for what purposes.
This cookie statement applies to Cavacave.com and has been drafted in collaboration with members of the industry and OPTA. As a result, the explanation about cookies on the industry members’ websites is essentially similar. Nevertheless, since the texts have been modified to the actual usage of cookies, not all websites will be able to depict the exact same text.
Cookies that ensure the website can function properly
- remembering products you’ve added to your shopping cart when selecting wines you selected to buy.
- remembering information you fill in on various pages when paying or ordering, so you do not have to fill in your data anew all the time.
- passing on information from one page to the next, e.g., when completing a long survey or if you have to fill in a great deal of data when ordering online.
- saving preferences, such as the language, location, the desired number of search results to be shown, etc.
- saving settings for, e.g., the best video resolution possible, the desired buffer size and your screen’s resolution data.
- reading your browser settings so that your screen will reproduce our website in the best possible way.
- identifying your browser when you are logged in, so that you will not have to log into our website anew all the time.
- detecting abuse of our website and services, e.g., by registering a number of successive, failed login attempts.
- evenly spreading the load on the website, so that the website remains accessible at all times.
Cookies through which we can measure the website’s use
The information thus gathered is used for statistics. These statistics provide us with insight into how frequently our webpage is visited, where exactly visitors spend most of their time, etc. This enables us to draft the website’s structure, navigation and the contents as user‑friendly as possible for you. We will never trace any statistics to individuals.
- Recording the number of visitors of our web pages
- Recording the time each visitor spends while visiting our web pages
- Setting the order in which a visitor visits the various pages of our website
- Assessing which parts of our site need adaptation
- Optimising the website
Cookies to share the contents of our website through social media
By using buttons, you can share the articles and videos you watch on our website through social media. These buttons are controlled by social media cookies that are installed by the social media parties, so they are able to recognise you when you would like to share articles or videos.
These cookies enable Logged-in users of selected social media to instantly share content that is available on our website
With regard to the cookies that the social media parties install and any data they thereby collect, please refer to the statements that these parties have published on their own websites. Beware that these statements may regularly change. Cavacave.com has no influence in this respect.